2022 Summer Leadership Institute
Strengthening Connections I Elevating Voices I Nurturing Communities
7月6 - 8
The Math Learning Center is pleased to announce that registration is now open for our 2022 Summer Leadership Institute (SLI). The 2022 SLI will offer coaches, administrators, curriculum specialists, and teacher-leaders the tools for initiating and sustaining a successful implementation ofBridges® in Mathematics. Engaging speakers, presentations focused on equitable practice and high-leverage implementation strategies, and opportunities to network with other Bridges educators are just some of what you’ll find in the SLI. To be eligible for this conference, educators must be from a school or district that has adoptedBridges® in Mathematics.Educators have two options for attending the 2022 Summer Leadership Institute.
This year’s SLI takes place at the Marriott Midway in Chicago, IL. The event will feature a powerful keynote from Naomi Jessup, engaging interactive sessions, and a participant-driven “unconference” where attendees have the opportunity to select topics and engage directly with one another. The cost is $650 per attendee. Note: Proof of vaccination will be required for all attendees of the in-person institute.
If you are unable to attend the in-person institute, consider participating in the institute virtually! Virtual attendees can stream speakers in real time, attend selected interactive sessions, and access recorded sessions via video on demand. The cost to attend virtually is $195 per attendee.
杰塞普是Depa助理教授内奥米rtment of Early Childhood Elementary Education at Georgia State University. She received her PhD in mathematics education at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Her research examines teacher learning and development related to children’s mathematical thinking of elementary fractions; mathematics teaching practices; and curriculum for culturally, linguistically, and economically diverse populations. Her work has been supported by the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM).
Dr. Pamela Seda has over 30 years of educational experience and currently lives in metro Atlanta with her husband and four adult children. Dr. Seda received a Bachelor’s degree in Math Education from the University of South Florida, a Master’s degree in Math Education from Georgia State University, and a Ph.D. in Teaching and Learning with a concentration in Math Education from Georgia State University. She has held various positions in mathematics education including high school mathematics teacher, math instructional coach, college math instructor, and K-12 district math supervisor. Dr. Seda is co-author of the book, Choosing to See: A Framework for Equity in the Mathematics Classroom.
Listed below are the SLI tracks and a small sample of the planned sessions within each track.
- Dismantling Language & Assessment Structures to Create Spaces for Developing Students' Positive Mathematics Identities
- Positioning Multilingual Learners As Doers of Mathematics in a Bridges Classroom
- All Students Are Sensemakers: A Strengths-Based Approach to Intervention
- Fostering Growth & Efficacy with a Bridges Implementation Continuum
- Considering Connections: Teaching Practices, Student Math Practices & Classroom Discourse
- Power of Work Places
- Don’t Regret, Rehearse! Preparing for Challenging Conversations as a Bridges Instructional Leader
- Mathematics Routines As Tools to Support Development of Positive Mathematics Identities for Teachers & Students
- Strengthening Planning Practices
- Power of the Problem String
- Using Technology to Hook Students & Provide Equitable Structures
- Activate Thinking & Discourse with the Number Chart App
- Hosting a Family Math Event
- Using Rich Tasks to Promote Greater Student Engagement
(Central Standard Time)
7:00–9:00 In-Person Evening Reception
8:30–10:00 Keynote Speaker
1:00–1:30 Unconference Kickoff
1:45–4:00 Unconference/Virtual Sessions
8:30–12:00 Workshop Sessions
1:00–2:30 Keynote Speaker
2:45–4:15 Workshop Sessions
8:30–10:00 Workshop Sessions
10:15–11:00 Closing Remarks
Registration is now closed. We hope you can join us next year!